Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Making friends all over the place

I’ve just had one of those days that makes me want to hide under my desk. I can juggle a lot, and I’m starting to feel just a little bit overwhelmed. I’ve got many, many deadlines in the next week and a half. Many. By the time JournalCon gets here, I will really be ready for a drink. Please tell me there will be drinking!

So, anyway, today. I think of myself as a nice person. A little shy, but possessing basic social skills. I am, however, very straightforward. I suck at subtlety. I don’t play games or have hidden agenda. If I have a question, or a problem with you, you’ll know about it. First off, every thought I have shows up on my face, clear as day. Also, I’ll come talk to you. But not everyone is like me, and that’s what trips me up, every time! Either I’m pissing people off by being straightforward – which they take as “mean” – or I’m unprepared for someone who is not straightforward in their approach to me.

This caused difficulties for me with several people today. I’m sure my face is now decorating dart boards all over the building. Yay.

And honestly? Other than being more diplomatic with someone who completely caught me off guard, I don’t think I’d change anything I did today.

I’m not sure what that says about me.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com