Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The coolness of blogging

I really had no idea what to expect when I started this blog. I’d read plenty of other people’s blogs and I thought I’d enjoy having one of my own. But I didn’t realize how much fun it would be, how much I’d get out of it, or how many smart, funny, interesting people I would “meet.” Anyway, a couple of neat blog-related things have happened this week that I want to share.

First, to all of the people who commented on my credit card debt post – I wish I’d had this blog last year when I was trying to get my debt all sorted out. At the time I felt like the biggest loser moron ever for running up so much debt. While it sucks that so many other people have the same problem, it also makes me feel a little better about myself. All I can say now is, I dug my way out, and I’m pulling for all of you to do it too. Do not let the credit card companies bully you! And if you ever need a sympathetic ear, you know where to find me.

Second, today I posted a comment on Chris’ blog. That’s a fairly normal occurrence. But what happened next was different. See, Chris is smart, and pays attention, and remembered that Amalah and I work together. So he emailed me and asked me to bring her a soda, because he knew she was having a tough day. So I did, much to Amalah’s surprise. I was a little worried she would think it was stalker-y on my part (this girl started a blog after me, and now she's bringing me a soda?) but she did not, and I was glad I took the time to do it.

Third, I posted a comment over at Beth’s, about my pretend celebrity boyfriend Colin Farrell. Within a couple of hours, someone had emailed me a photo of Colin in Jamestown, given me the scoop on the movie he’s filming there and said the locals think he’s cool. Talk about six degrees of separation -- I can now keep tabs on my fake boyfriend via a comment on someone else’s blog!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to hit the road to Jamestown.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com