Friday, July 09, 2004

Why I am feeling sorry for myself today

1. I got into work, and I had a message from Melissa. The person I want to hire? Yeah, she's looking forward to her phone interview with my boss, and she'll complete the background check paperwork, but she wants to make sure I know she's still interviewing. Doesn't anyone want to come be my assistant marketing manger? The pay is good. Seriously, the salary we're offering to people two years out of school? I worked for six or seven years before I got paid that much. The benefits are good -- medical, dental, vision, 401K, stock options. I'm a great boss. Really. And my team is fun. Ok, we've got one problem child, but she's ok. Plus, she's very good at her job.

2. The aforementioned problem child is having a bad day, which means I get to have a bad day, too. However, I am working on the whole practicing compassion thing, and trying very hard to understand where she's coming from. But, oh, the drama.

3. Work is not as much fun since my friend Becky left to start a new job. I miss her. I like many of the other people I work with, but they are not Becky.

4. I have a very complicated username and password project that has been on hold that my boss is suddenly all over. Ugh. I would like to put that one back on hold, please.

5. People just aren't getting my jokes today. And a couple of them were damn funny.

6. I am struggling with the whole healthy eating thing. My husband is doing great -- eating smaller portions, and not snacking. I, on the other hand, want to eat french fries, potato chips, chocolate and soda. I haven't. But I want to.

Only an hour and ten minutes until my weekend starts, though. That's something to look forward to.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com