Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Reality comes crashing back

Yesterday was so nice.  I was just happy-smiley Hilldery from noon on.  But today I had to get back my usual work day.  No one here knows about the promotion yet, because it isn’t official until next week.  Unless there are work people other than Amalah who read my blog.  I don’t think there are.  But anyway, no one knows, so nothing about work has changed.

First, we had this freak rainstorm.  Naturally, I was out walking Seamus when it started to rain.  At least I had an umbrella, unlike last night, when I got completely soaked by an unexpected thunderstorm.  This morning it rained so hard that Seamus – who prefers being outside over anything else –  turned around and headed for home after a couple of minutes.  He actually had a “Fuck this!” expression on his cute little beagle face.

So traffic sucked after the monsoon hit.  And then I had to break up with the leading candidate for my assistant marketing manager position.  There is no second place candidate at this point, which meant that I spent my lunch reading resumes and composing a new ad to run.  I hate interviewing people.  Hate it.  It made for a crappy lunch.  I did sneak in some blog reading though.  Zoot's lunch sounded much more fun than mine.

Plus, I have a ton of work to do.  Oh – and there’s this woman who works here who doesn’t like me.  She never has, and I don’t know why, but I’m perfectly willing to not like her back.  Hmm…that’s not very compassionate of me, is it?  I should work on that.  But anyway, I need her to do her damn job, and she’s not, which is making my life difficult.  I’ve got plenty of my own work to do without having to leave multiple messages and try to chase this woman around to get her to take care of something I cannot do myself and which is her job!  Grrr.

Well, I have one project I must finish before I leave today or I’ll be holding up someone else who is depending on me to do my own damn job.  So, it's back to work for me.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com