Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Positivity

Or is that positivationism? I've had a strangely unmotivated, yet surprisingly productive day. It was also very envelope-centered. First, I wrote snappy copy to go on one envelope, and then I wrote copy for and redesigned a second envelope. We should be flooded with renewal orders once people get their hands on those babies. The notices will arrive in the mail, and they just won't be able to resist opening the envelopes and then, persuaded by the fabulous copy I wrote in the letters inside, they'll renew. mwah-ha-ha-ha....oh wait, that's a lame world domination plan, isn't it?

Anyway, I spend a lot of time (probably way too much) complaining about stuff in this blog. So, today, I thought I'd take a moment to note the little things that made me happy lately instead:

• My husband. I love him. Last night we were trying to decide if we'd seen the movie Star Trek:Nemesis, and I figured out that I had definitely not seen it. So he probably hadn't seen it either, unless he saw it with someone else. He then "confessed" that he had a secret geek girlfriend on the side, because there are times I'm just not geeky enough. Like that's possible. Later, when I got back from walking Seamus, John was listening to a song, and he said, "This song makes me think of you. It's called My Beloved Wife." which made me all mushy and happy. And then later we had a great conversation about karma and personal responsibility and well, I just love him.

• The fact that my friend Becky was happy to featured in one of my posts last week.

• My boss, who told me earlier in the week that she thinks she's getting credit for the work that I do and is looking for projects that will clearly show the rest of the company what I am capable of on my own. And then she came through with the first project idea today. Who wouldn't be happy with a boss like that?

• The fact that my friend Laila will be back in town in just 120 hours. Or something close to 120 hours. I didn't want to get all overly precise and geeky about it. We'll be taking the town by storm. As much as a single mom with a 15 month old (that's Laila) and a somewhat boring homebody (that's me) can storm anyway.

• Browsing for lip gloss on Sephora.com. All of my makeup is ancient, and thanks to Amalah, I'm itching to replace it. Seriously, I bought a new lipstick and lip liner for my wedding two years ago, and I haven't bought any new makeup since. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do like lip gloss. And mascara, because my eyelashes are very long, but light, so no one can see them.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com