Friday, July 30, 2004

My Friday…so far

9:15 Arrive at work.

9:20-9:45 Go through emails. Eat cereal. Read blogs.

9:45-10:00 Get into a political discussion with one of my co-workers. She thinks that Bush has done a bad job, but is probably going to vote for him again because she doesn’t think the Democrats have a plan either. And because she doesn’t think the Democrats have the right values. Hello? I have values! I consider myself to be an extremely ethical and moral person. And then we got into the Iraq War, a subject about which we already knew we had different opinions. All in all, it was a very frustrating conversation

10:00-10:20 Chat with two more co-workers. Discuss some work items, but mostly complain about workload and other co-workers who never appear to actually do any work.

10:20-11:40 Actually do some work myself.

11:40-11:50 Talk to beloved husband on phone. Learn that we have cable TV and modem again. Yes, we’re weak. But the cable company kept sending us special offers after we canceled. And we missed the cable modem so much! You can’t just get the modem, either. You have to get them both to get the special deal. And dial-up? Sucks.

11:50-12:00 Do a little more work.

12:00-12:25 Talk to my boss on the phone. I really like her, and not just because of the promotion and raise. Plus, I think this counts as work.

12:25-1:00 Go to see my pal Terri for samples. Somehow end up showing her the online listing for the apartment my friend Mary Pat is trying to buy in Manhattan. Spend half an hour looking at listings for $8,000,000 penthouses in TriBeCa and houses in the Hamptons that we will never, ever be able to afford. Have much fun mocking the photos of the real estate agents.

1:00 Realize I am starving and go out to get lunch.

1:22 Sit in car fuming, stuck behind a stupid dump truck going 25 mph in a 40 mph zone. Asshole. Realize they are playing INXS on the classic rock station. There is no way INXS is a classic rock band. Also, there is NO WAY a song that came out when I was in high school can qualify as classic rock. NO. WAY.

1:30-2:00 Get back to office. Am disappointed by my soup. Throw it out and eat the roll that came with it and two Fudge Hershey kisses instead. Love the Fudge Hershey kisses. Love them. I want to eat 50, but so far, I’ve contained myself to just two.

2:00-2:10 Waste 10 minutes trying to figure out the charge code to use to send samples to employee who is working from home on bed rest. I’ve worked here for four and half years. You’d think I’d know how to send a letter by now. Stupid charge codes.

2:10-3:15 Work a little more. I haven’t actually finished anything yet!

3:15 Funny, a roll and two Hershey kisses just didn’t fill me up. I’m really hungry. Remember that I have a cup of dehydrated soup in my desk. Make that.

3:20-3:25 Dehydrated soup is kind of lame, but now I’m not so picky.

3:25 Realize it is almost 3:30 and I have accomplished nothing. Which naturally means that now is the perfect time to write in my blog.

3:30-4:00 work on this post, interspersed with little work-related tasks so I don’t feel guilty.

And that's my Friday so far.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com