Friday, July 02, 2004

I love blogging

I love blogging.

I think I may be addicted. I've been so busy this week that I just haven't been able to post as much as I like to do. In fact, I should be writing some copy for work right now.

But I couldn't wait any longer. I have been thinking about blog entries, (although I haven't actually written any,) reading other people's blogs, and talking about blogging. Just last night my husband was treated to a long speech about blogs that I enjoy and how I hope that having a blog will help me improve my writing skills so that I can write entries and stories that I think are up to the same standard. This led to a very interesting conversation about how good writing has to have soul, just like good music has to have soul. And it is so true. A good writer makes you feel. My husband, who is an amazing writer, once wrote a scrap of a story that made me cry off and on for two days because it was so sad. It was just an idea he had scribbled down real quick, but the picture he painted was so vivid that it is actually making me tear up right now when I think about it.

John, you should really have a blog of your own. And I'm not just saying that because I love you.

Oh, now I'm totally off topic. See, this probably wouldn't happen to a more experienced blogger. Anyway, I love blogging. I look forward to writing in my blog. I like the people I've "met" since I started reading blogs, and having a blog of my own. I now feel a need to comment on everything. I was actually irritated this morning when I read a story on CNN.com and there wasn't anyplace for me to leave a comment. Then I remembered that was a blogging thing, not an everywhere thing.

And I think it is already helping me be a better writer at work. Remember the much complained about book copy? I just brought that campaign to a very successful conclusion this week, due to two pieces I wrote without any input from my boss, who is on vacation. Plus, I just wrote a letter for another product that turned out really well. It was hard to write too, because the editor has a very different style than product I usually write for.

So yay for blogging!

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com