Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Food poisoning, blech!

I had a lovely three day weekend. I spent some time with my mom, helping her pick out eyeglasses and flowers to plant in her garden. I got to hang out with John and Seamus, who are my two favorite people. I read a book. I made homemade pizza, which was way easier than I thought it would be. I watched movies (Goldmember -- not as funny as the first two Austin Powers movies. The Ladykillers -- slow at times, but has a great ending.) I took naps. It was great...right up until I got food poisoning.

Curse you, IHOP! I didn't even want to eat there, either. We had to wait forever for a (nasty, sticky feeling) table. It was too loud, too hot and filled with screaming children. One of those children was my normally adorable nephew, who has decided that John and I are strangers, and he doesn't want anything to do with us. Plus my in-laws were a) extremely late and b)obsessed with making us move around. First, my mother-in-law had to switch seats with my husband. Then my sister-in-law had to move the high chair to the middle of the table and make us all slide down a seat. Later, we all had to move down a spot the other way so my brother-in-law could move to the other side of the table. John felt sick before we even left the restaurant, but my illness waited to sneak up on me and deprive me of sleep. I won't go into all the details -- I know no one wants that -- but I will say it was extremely unpleasant. And how do you get food poisoning from pancakes and hash browns? I thought being a vegetarian would save me from this sort of thing.

Today I have successfully eaten peppermint tea, applesauce, a cup of soup and a roll, so I think I'm on the road to recovery.

Boy, am I glad that's over.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com