Thursday, July 08, 2004

Attention Television Network Executives

I keep reading these stories where people are saying that the new “summer-season” experiment is a failure.

Please, listen closely. As someone who recently gave up cable (sob) I can tell you that your problem is not that people don’t watch TV in the summer. It is that all of the new programs you put on suck.

Seriously. What a bunch of crap! Fox – you cancel a great show like Wonderfalls, and run Quintuplets (sorry, Andy Richter) and Method & Red? What the hell is wrong with you? And NBC – try showing something other than Fear Factor or Law & Order. I actually like Law & Order, but you’ve run it in to the ground.

That said, I am looking forward to watching the Amazing Race on CBS. I always skip the first couple of episodes while they pare the numbers down a bit, but I love watching the later ones.

Also, any network that would consider showing something other than sports on the weekend would be greatly appreciated. UPN and the WB – I’m looking in your direction here. Now is the time to get me hooked on your shows, so I’ll watch them in the fall.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com