Saturday, June 12, 2004

TCB

Taking care of business. That's what I've been up to, and it is the perfect antidote for feelings of insecurity.

On Thursday, I was way too busy working to worry about snubs, or project territoriality. I much prefer that. At lunch, I did manage to figure out how to get my blogroll posted. See the lovely "Blogs I Read" section in the sidebar? I did that, with a little help from the free code provided by the Blogrolling people.

And then I figured out how to switch to a different kind of comments format. I didn't like the comments that Blogger offered, so I found other free code from HaloScan that helped me switch to new comments. I'm sure it's not that hard to do, but I felt like a genius after I got it to work. John has given me one of his html books, so I'll be seeing what else I can mess around with.

I spent yesterday cleaning -- a little trick I learned from my firend Jules. If your life feels chaotic, bringing a little order to your surroundings can help. And it did. I vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, and did laundry. Then I rewarded myself with a little movie called Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Azkaban is my favorite book in the series, and I thought they did a good job with the movie. Very enjoyable.

Last night, while walking Seamus in the pouring rain, I decided that I should stop being a wussy and just go to the Journal Con thing. If I don't like it, I can always leave. And who knows? I might even meet some interesting new people.

Today I ran errands and then came home and recaulked my tub. I've needed to do it for months, but kept putting it off for some reason. Now I remember why. Spending an hour and half scraping out old, moldy caulk sucks. Yuck. But it is done, and my bath looks pretty and white again. For now, the mold/mildew is defeated.

And I went out and bought a bunch of healthy food. Salad stuff! Tofu! Yogurt dip! String cheese! I am now all about a) portion control b) not eating crap and c) regular exercise. It's time to get serious. John and I are cancelling the cable tv on Friday (we're paid up until then) and we are going to be super healthy all summer. We know what we need to do, and we're going to get up off our lazy asses and do it.

And that's what I call taking care of business.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com