Monday, June 28, 2004

So many topics, so little time.

I had a very busy weekend, followed by an extremely busy work day, so I haven’t been able to get to my poor neglected blog. I’ve been thinking about it though. I just couldn’t pick what to write about.

Here are the highlights.

On Saturday I got up and walked Seamus and then went back to sleep. I love lazy mornings. Sometimes I struggle with guilt, because I can still hear my mom’s voice nagging me to “get up!” but Saturday was guilt-free. I got up around 10, feeling decadent, and watched a little TV with John. We still have cable, even though we cancelled our cable over a week ago. They still haven’t shut it off, and I keep watching it because I have no willpower. None.

I spent a lovely afternoon hanging out with Becky and Jon and assorted dogs at the pool. The weather was amazing – no humidity and not too hot. It wasn’t DC-like at all. And the pool was so nice – all tucked away in the woods and quiet. We got all caught up on work gossip (they’re former co-workers) and then just enjoyed the day. Luke the labradoodle was very offended by this Outback Steakhouse blimp that was flying overhead, and kept barking at it. Who knew a dog would even notice a blimp?
And we had delicious snacks. Plus they had C2, so I had to give it a try. It wasn’t bad. It didn’t have the artificial sweetener aftertaste that I hate so much about Diet Coke. I’m probably better off just limiting myself to the occasional real Coke, though.

On Sunday, I was reminded of all of the reasons I love my husband. We had a great conversation about our marriage, and past relationships and just, well, stuff. And then we went to see Fahrenheit 9/11. Which, if you’ve been paying any attention to what I say at all, you had to know I would go see. I think everyone should go see this movie.

Don’t like Bush? You’ll come out of the movie with even more reasons than you had going in.

Like Bush? Go see it anyway. There are a lot of facts in the movie that you just won’t hear about anywhere else. It may even change your mind, and if not, at least you’ll be making a more informed decision.

This was a hard movie for me to watch. I cry when fictional people are in pain or die. Fahrenheit 9/11 shows many real people in pain and dying. That’s what war does. But I made myself watch every minute, because those real people who are suffering and dying deserve at least that much from me.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com