Tuesday, June 01, 2004

No, I haven't given up on blogging already

On Friday, my network card died. I had no access to our network, no email, no IM and no internet access until 4 p.m. It was awful. I don’t know how people did my job before the internet. Not the e-business part. Obviously e-biz didn’t exist before the internet. But all the other stuff. Since I couldn’t get on the internet, I was focused on the more traditional work I had to do, and I still kept needing the internet. Is this stock listed on the NASDAQ or the NYSE? Need the internet. What price did we buy this stock at? Need the internet. Want to look at a back issue? I could walk up to the reception area and get a copy, but usually I just go on the internet. And so on. I must have double-clicked the IE icon on my computer 10 times on Friday before it finally sunk in.

Today I’m on a borrowed computer. Here’s a shocker: the crappy Dell computer broke down, and then the incompetent Dell people sent the wrong part to fix it. I hate Dell. If you feel you can’t resist their low prices, take a little tip from me. Buy the extended warranty. I know everyone says that is a rip off, but for Dell, you’re going to need it.

Anyway…so, no internet on Friday. And I am forbidden to blog from home right now. Apparently something I do with Blogger kills John’s Max Payne game. So, until the day that he finally finishes playing the 8 million levels of the game, no blogging from home. I thought he had finished it the other day, and I was so excited to think I might actually get to use the computer. But no, it turns out that he had only finished the intermediate level, and still has to go on and play the entire game again at the expert level. It looks exactly the same to me, but I guess it is harder. I’m not criticizing. I’m glad that video games make him happy. I even like playing video games myself. Not that I ever get to use the computer.

So, I haven't forsaken blogging.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com