Monday, June 21, 2004

A Happy Entry

I am determined to have a good week. And I'm tired of writing whiny blog entries. I'm sure other people are tired of reading them. So, here are a few good things that have happened to me recently.

On Saturday morning, I ran a couple of errands I had been putting off all week. This made me feel virtuous for finally taking care of them, even though I was the one who kept putting them off.

I finally got caught up on my latest knitting project, which I had ripped out and started over a couple of weeks ago. And this time, it is beautiful and mistake free.

I'm lucky in that I live right next to a park. My whole neighborhood backs up to it. On Saturday night I was walking Seamus and we paused by one of the entrances to the park. There were so many fireflies in the woods that they were all sparkly and practically glowing. It was magical. I can see why people believed in fairies.

I started a new book which I really like. (Disclaimer: Not everyone likes my taste in books. I once singlehandedly destroyed a book club by picking The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, which I loved and everyone else hated.) Anyway, this new book is called Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. According to the book cover, it was a bestseller, but I missed it somehow. It's a collection of essays about the author's life, and he is funny. I mean, I was actually laughing out loud at some points. I think my favorite story so far is the one about his attempts to be an art major, culminating in a crystal meth fueled performance art piece at the local art museum. See? Not everyone will find that funny. I thought it was hysterical. But then again, I ran with the art school crowd at times.


         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com