Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Dear Comcast,

Could you please shut off my cable? Please?

It's been almost two weeks since my husband and I cancelled our cable as part of our "it's time to get serious" getting fit campaign. We've been doing pretty well with the healthy eating. But, you won't shut off our cable. And we know it is still on. So, we watch. And watch. And watch some more.

Last night, when I got home, did I do one of my workout videos? No, I watched a rerun of the West Wing on Bravo. And ok, to be honest, I got home kind of late, so maybe I wouldn't have worked out then. But the West Wing didn't end until 8 o'clock, so by the time I made dinner, ate dinner and walked the dog, it was almost 10. And what did I do then?

I watched TV, of course. I really need to stop watching MSNBC -- it is bad for my blood pressure. Last night that Scarborough idiot was on, and he had this logo up that said "Moore's Lies?" which, if you didn't listen to what the person was saying, would you lead you to believe that Mr. Scarborough was reporting that Michael Moore lied about something. It's very sneaky the way they do stuff like that.

I also managed to fit in the season finale of the Real World San Diego and an epsiode of Chapelle 's Show. And then the Daily Show at 11. I only stopped watching TV because I was tired and knew I had to get up on time today.

So, Comcast, I beg you, please pull the plug!

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com