Sunday, May 23, 2004

Still figuring this out

When I first started thinking about doing my own blog, I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to say. Now that I've started, I'm finding that I'm having more trouble deciding which idea I want to write about. So, until I get some more practice at this, my entries may seem a little jumbled.

First things first...the reviews are in!

Jules read my first few entries and composed a blog song in my honor. It goes like this:
Blog. Blog a blog. Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to read (but it is!) Just Blog. Blog a blog.

Tim said it was "quaint" and that he liked it.

John wants me to write about penguins.

Amalah was nice enough to give me my very first comment! And while it is unfair that her side of the building didn't get free lunch (they work hard too), don't feel too sorry for her. They all got free Coach dayplanners recently. No free Coach stuff on my side of the building.

And Becky declared it "very funny so far."

It's official. Every one in the world has a kid or is pregnant except me.

Saturday was very baby-centric. John and I went to have dinner with my old friend Big Dave, his wife Valerie, and their little girl, Katya. Katya is my new best friend. We played in the sandbox, rolled the bubble mower around and read books. Mr. Brown can moo. Can you? Dave and Valerie wanted to hear all about Jules and her baby, Malcolm, and Laila and her little boy, Noah. Then I came home and talked to my friend Mary Pat who told me that my old birthday twin Hillarie Fogel got pregnant about 5 seconds after she got married. Plus two other people I know through her. And my pal Julie is pregnant, which Mary Pat didn't know.

I guess it all depends on where you are in life. Mary Pat said she feels like everyone in the world is engaged or married except her. But still...I'd like to have a baby. Sigh.

And finally,

I may not be able to go to work tomorrow, because there is a cicada IN.MY.CAR!!

I kept hearing this noise that sounded like a cicada when I was driving around this morning. I thought it was just my usual bug paranoia. Until I looked back and saw a big ugly cicada ON MY SEATBELT. Right by my head! Thank god I was still in the parking lot at Giant, or I would have totally crashed my car. As it is, I put on quite the show, swerving and slamming on the brakes. Frantically undoing my seatbelt. Yanking at the doorhandle until I figured out the door was locked. Hitting the unlock button about 17 times and then sitting there with the door open, trying to get the cicada to go out. With no luck. It's under the seat somewhere.

Up next: dinner with my dad tonight. Almost guaranteed to give me something to write about.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com