Thursday, May 27, 2004

My name is Hilldery, and I'm a Coke-aholic

Not that kind of Coke!

Coca-Cola. Although given my troubles saying goodbye to Coca-Cola, you have to wonder if they really did take the cocaine out.

Because I love Coke. When I was in college, I used to drink like 5 or 6 cokes a day. I could drink a coke at 3 am and fall asleep moments later (although that may have something to do with all of the alcohol I had at Bill's Bar before I had the Coke). Somehow the massive amounts of sugar I was consuming did not make me fat or rot my teeth.

Now, however, I am old. I'm not supposed to drink a lot of caffeine because I get cysts. And they hurt. Cutting out caffeine makes the cysts get small or go away. Plus caffeine keeps me awake if I drink it too late. Then there's my sneaking suspicion that high fructose corn syrup is what is making America -- and sadly, me -- fat. And Coke? Chock full of high fructose corn syrup.

And yet, I can't stop drinking Coca-Cola. Not for good, anyway. I always come back to my sweet, fizzy mistress. I even have a note on my computer at work that says "No Soda." It just isn't working very well. I've had a Coke every day this week. On Monday, I was tired. On Tuesday, I was celebrating my anniversary. Yesterday, I was stressed out. Today's rationalization was so lame I can't even remember what it was.

It's a problem. But now I've taken the first step and admitted to the world that something must be done.

Do you think a bigger note on the computer would do the trick?

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com