Thursday, May 20, 2004

In case you were wondering

A follow up to my very first post ever.

1. My motivations?
a) Writing is what I do. It's not my whole job, but it is a big part of my job, and I've gotten pretty good at it. But I want to get better at it, and I think I've hit a point where I need to find new ways to challenge myself, or I won't keep getting better. A blog seemed like a good way to do that.

b) as the title says, It turns out I've got something to say. I have a lot of opinions on what is going on in the world today, and I'm going to put them out there. Maybe it will make a small difference somewhere, somehow.

c) I like blogs. I've come across some really good ones, and I want to see if I can create a good one too. And I got some nice encouragement from my friend Jules, Amalah, who has a great blog at www.amalah.com and my husband.

2. Who am I?
I'm a woman. I'm 33 years old. I've been married to my wonderful husband John for almost two years now. No kids, yet, but we want them. I do have a beagle named Seamus who I adore. I have a brother named Tim, who is the person who called me Hilldery when he was little. My parents are divorced. I'm a vegetarian. I work for a company that publishes investment newsletters. I went to Wellesley College and loved it. If you're a Republican, you probably won't like a lot of what I have to say, because I'm pretty liberal.

3. My doubts?

a) I might not stick with this. I plan to, but I plan to do a lot of things that don't happen.
b) I might suck at this. Maybe my posts will be really lame.
c)I'm a reserved person married to an extremely private person. Maybe I'll get uncomfortable about writing about my life. Although, I guess I don't have to write about my life if I don't want to.

4. Funny story? Nope, I really don't have one for today. And yes, I actually was seriously confused about what day it was, but I'm not a complete ditz.

We'll just have to see how it goes.

         |
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com